Girls teenage 7’s 2019
GIRLS TEENAGE 7’s INFORMATION FOR SEASON 2019
Welcome to Rugby season 2019! Western Districts Rugby Football Club Inc. is a not‐for‐profit community Club. We provide boys & girls the opportunity to learn the skills and enjoyment of rugby. We play in the Brisbane Junior Rugby Union (BJRU) competition.
- Our website: westsbulldogsrugby.com.au with links to the Draw at BJRU and QRU
- Registrar Email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wests weekly newsletter from end Feb has the latest information about training, games and club matters.
Age group for Girls 7’s are Under 13, Under 15, Under 17. Girls can play up, that is 12 year old girls play in the under 13 team.
All teams must provide a Coach, a Manager. Junior sport cannot operate without our army of volunteers, so we ask you to help our girls and our Club where ever you can. Volunteering is both enjoyable and rewarding. Please help by emailing our Registrar email@example.com
REGISTRATION & PAYMENTS
All Junior registrations are now done 100% on-line and payments are via credit/debit card only. The Club can no longer register players. Our Welcome to Wests and try rugby day will be on January 2019 date to be confirmed.
On-line registration will be available from the 21st January 2019. Go to our web-page under tab “Junior Rugby” and “Register now for 2019”. Players will need to buy club shorts and socks from the Club.
The Registration Fee covers the player Insurance, QRU Levy, ARU Levy, Medics, Referees, use of training equipment and voting membership. Each player will be provided a training shirt, water bottle, sticker. After you have registered online please collect your training shirt, sticker, water bottle the office.
The Qld Gov’t can assist some families with $150 vouchers for sporting fees. Please see our web-page for details. Please apply at: https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/sports/funding/getinthegame/getstarted/apply/
Girls train on Tuesday nights 5:30pm-7:00pm commencing 5th February 2019.
GEAR AND MERCHANDISE
- All players must wear club socks, club shorts. They are on sale at the Club, Shorts cost $30 and Socks $15
- All jerseys are the responsibility of each team Manager. All Girls jerseys MUST NOT be given to players and must be returned at the end of the season.
- All players are to wear a mouth guard – available at chemists or from dental technicians.
- All players must have a water bottle at training and games (filled with water).
- Players should wear molded football boots or blades. No steel boot tags are permitted.
- Referees may check boots to ensure no sharp edges exist.
- Headgear (if worn) must bear the “IRB Approval” label. (Headgear is available at the Club for sale)
- Also parents should ensure that players clothes and equipment is marked with their name.
Games are played in a Seven Tournament against various clubs each Sunday at one location. There will be a minimum of two seasons in 2019 for the 7aside format. The seasons will normally follow the school terms in Term 2 and Term 3. There will be a 5 week 10aside format being played from the 27th February through to the 27th March.
- Players should arrive at least 30 minutes before the game start time
CODE OF CONDUCT
Our club has a zero tolerance to poor sideline behavior from parents. All players, coaches, officials, parents/guardians, spectators or any other Club affiliate is bound by the Code of Conduct, and shall not at anytime act in a manner detrimental towards the game or spirit of Rugby Union. Penalties apply for anyone breaking these rules. See Section 3.3 of the BJRU rules on their website.
SPONSORSHIP AT THE BULLDOGS
Sponsorship opportunities are now available. There are many ways to support our Club and Rugby. Sponsorship can be via Team Jerseys, Precinct Signage, Equipment, Web-page, Newsletters, Social Function, Presentation night and many more. Join in with some of our high valued sponsors for 2018. Our Sponsors in 2018 already include Xradiology, Scifleet Toyota, Data #3, Westpac Toowong.
WET WEATHER If it is raining or there has been substantial rain, go to our Facebook and Twitter for the latest information on training and/or games. FYI the maximum rain our field can take is about 10mm. If we have considerable rain (above 10mm) the day before games, the Club will make an early call and cancel games. Our club has now 650 juniors and 290 senior players with only two fields. Our fields are critical asset and so the Club must ensure these assets are usable by all players for the whole season.
Parents and Guardians should read and understand our Club Philosophy and Policies. Please see our website.