Position vacant – Sport and Recreation Co-ordinator
As a consequence of obtaining a three-year grant from the Queensland Government’s Local Sport and Recreation Jobs Plan, Wests is now seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced people interested in filling the recently vacated position of Sport and Recreation Co-ordinator for the balance of the grant term (to 30/9/2014).
The co-ordinator will use their expertise to provide advice and support to local sport and recreation clubs on how to carry out promotional, fundraising, marketing and sponsorship activities throughout the local community, at a grassroots level.
This role will include but is not limited to:
– providing advice on overall governance
– developing networks and linkages
– supporting partnerships and collaborations
– supporting organisations seeking grants, sponsorships and fundraiing partnerships
– supporting recruitment and training of volunteers
– providing advice on marketing and promotional activities.
Click here for a detailed position description.
In selecting the successful applicant, consideration will be given to:
– academic qualifications
– administration experience (preferably in a club environment)
– the ability to expertly computer technology
– planning and organisation
– the ability to communicate verbally and written
– the ability to co-ordinate volunteer activity
– strong financial and business management
– the ability to source and generate suitable revenue
– dedication, honesty, initiative, determination
– the achievement of objectives.
A remuneration package of $43,644 per annum including superannuation plus a fully maintained motor vehicle will be provided to attract and retain the most appropriate person. Because of the nature of the role, the ability to work flexible working hours is essential.
Applications stating qualification, relevant experience and the ability to meet selection criteria above should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org marked “Sport and Rec Co-ordinator Role” and received no later than 5.00 pm on Wednesday 1 May 2013.