Western Districts Rugby Football Club started in 1951 and played at the Normanby grounds in Spring Hill. Wests amalgamated with Toowong Rugby Football Club in 1961.
Also in 1961 we created Wests Juniors Rugby Football Club. Junior sign on’s grew enormously over the next 8 to 12 years and so Wests established two junior Clubs in the region, namely Kenmore Bears Rugby Football Club and Ashgrove Junior Rugby Football Club (now GPS Rugby). The Club located to is own home ground (“The Kennel”) at Toowong Memorial Park at Sylvan Rd in 1973. Read More